Sunday 16 February 2014

X-wing

So Xwing today.

I took 2 a-wings and 2 b wings.  All I cba to write

Event marred by three things.

One a tie swarm.  Not so bad itself, I thought about taking it,  although you really have to tailor your list to beat it.  But the stated reasons it was taken was because "3x8 hull points, can anyone kill them all in time?  Probably not, so it's a meta choice."  Taking a list not because of synergy or fun, but because someone can't kill it the hour time frame is  a shit move.

And Chris refusing to use Asteroids.  He really does weird things to games.  Why bother playing a game if you take stuff out?  But anyway that just turns into fly at each other shoot and repeat.  No point maneuvering unless you just don't want to shoot anybody..  Which suited him fine as he had advanced torpedoes on two of his ships.


Three shop was crammed with Magic Players.  Who kept moaning they had no space and kept wanting to know when Xwing was over.  Still don't know why it was changed from a Saturday.  But whatever, if it's on a Sunday again.  Fuck it.


Meh day, very very very meh.

8 comments:

  1. Fish asked for it to be on a Sunday as he can't so Saturdays. Next one will be a Saturday.

    I agree about Chris. I don't get it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No asteroids wtf, if he refuses to play by the rules, just dont play him tbh, I wouldnt of bothered. I can do saturdays, I just asked Darren if we could do one on a sunday every now and again, but if we not getting room over magic players no point

    By the sounds of it, I am quite glad I didnt play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't moaning about you and the day, just saying.

      The biggest problem was Steve's list. He just went out for the silly win rather than to play for fun.

      Delete
    2. The Magic players probably wouldn't have grumbled so much but pretty much every Magic player we have ever had turned up on one day.

      Delete
    3. Once Chris said no Asteroids, I thought about saying f it and packing up. My only game after that was Steve and I really couldn't be bothered with it tbh. But figured I may as well play one good game and one half decent game that day.

      Delete
    4. In future I will make sure to list asteroids in the scenario rules.

      Delete
    5. Shouldn't really be needed, they are in the official tournament rules.

      Delete
  3. True, but this way no one can complain.

    ReplyDelete