Saturday 31 January 2015

Conquest, Wargames Workshop MK 31/01

I used Captain Cato Sicarius

Deck looked a lot like the one I posted here with some of the alterations I listed.

So a breif rundown

Game 1 was vs Zarathur with Ork Allies.  I had an amazing opening hand of 2 Vash'ya Trailbalzers, 10th company scout and a tactical squad.  I was able to dominate the Command Struggle and it all went extremely well from there on.
Game 2 was vs Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies.
This went fairly down to the wire.  I had to burn a lot of cards to keep my marines alive.  But was able to keep the DE swarm in check from it, and secured a Warlod kill on the 5th Turn.
Game 3 was vs Ragnar Blackmane
Once again my command units saw me with resources and cards to keep on top of things.  It was a tad brutal.

So 3 wins in swiss, and onto the final.

This went extremely badly.  Mostly I beleive to some very poor shuffling from my opponent.  Basically turn 1 saw me kill a unit which saw him play 3(!!) Elysian Assault Teams in response, bloody-ing my warlord turn 1 and basically destroying my ability to compete.  Not through being outplayed, but dumb luck (or crap shuffling).

So once again, no playmat for me.  And that was that.  Best game of the day was vs Dark Eldar.  It was so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment