Thursday 6 September 2012

Vs Ogre Kingdoms

So i took my currently standard list of Grey Seer, Battle standard, Engineer with rocket, 34 clanrats with full command, 2 units of slaves with musicians, 6 gutter runners, Doomwheel and warplightning cannon.

Against ogre kingdoms, which to memory had 2 units of 3 yhetees, 2 units of 6 bulls, a level 3 butcher and 3 mournfag cavalry.

I won turn one, and didn't do much.   Put a wound on a ogre with the warp lightning cannon.  Doomwheel managed to restrain itself from shooting some slaves.  Skitterleaped my engineer over to the ogre flank and did 2 wounds with it.  Ogres advanced, with no shooting and no magic.

Turn 2 wither was dispelled and failed to cast plague.  manauvered some units to try and block charges, which didn't quite work.  Doomwheel shot at a Yehtee unit, killing two of them with str 8 shots, they panicked and fled into the path of one of the bull units, but later rallied.  The Butchers unit attempted to charge my slaves, but failed.  The other yehtee unit charged my clanrat block, killing 3 of them, and knocking two wounds of my grey seer.   I was able to win combat however, but wasn't able to catch them.

Turn 3 I reformed a slave unit to face the mournfangs on my flank charged my slaves into the butcher unit, and the doomwheel hit the same ogre unit in the flank.  Was able to kill all except the butcher and one ogre, who lost combat and fled, pursued by the doomwheel, which made contact with the other ogre bulls.  next turn it won vs the ogres and they were run down.  The lone yehtee survivor from doomwheel incident charged my clanrats killing my grey seer, and was slain in turn.  Mournfangs made contact with the slaves, butchering them and they fled.

Game was called there.  It was three mournfangs vs nearly all my army.  odds are I couldn't of done much vs the cavalry.  but on the other and would taken a lot for them to catch all my units.

Grey seer not really worth it vs ogres.  He's fragile, and the spells are a bit hit and miss vs ogres. A warlord would be a much sturdier general. and try to win by numbers.

Doomwheel was an absolute star, it's shooting attack does d6 wounds, which is golden vs ogres.

Also apparently going by some stats floating around, I'M SECOND!!   mind you it's only been going two weeks, which has me at 2 wins one loss I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment