Wednesday 13 June 2012

Systems

After a recent debate been thinking about all the miniature game systems that exist.  I only really play GW fantasy and 40k. Mostly because I adore the fluff.  And well it's the easiest to get into to.

I also love(d) Necromunda.  Fantastic skirmish game.

But enough of the gw love.  Games that have at least interested me enough to mroe than glance.

Warmachine/Hordes.  Pretty big in the states I hear.  Rules look ok, and the warjack are suitably big and menacing.
Malifaux.  Weird west, we do love it.  I'm not completly sold on it though.
     Wryd  also do Puppet Wars.  hex based which makes me wary, but puppets!!!
Dropzone Commander.   Has fantastic miniatures.  Seem a lot like Epic 40k. Which I never really played,  but people love it.  Seems to all be from one guy, is that good or bad?
 Uncharted Seas.   I flat out love the fluff for this naval affair.  Hate the game though.
Anima Tactics.  Anime inspired mini's, consider me sold.

Does Monsterpocalypse count?  Love(d) that one aswell.  Although I will admit it does have a little bit of too many abilites syndrome.

3 comments:

  1. I played a brief game of Warmachine with James last Thursday and I was not impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well what can I say. Maybe just a bad experience.

      The fact you lose if your warcaster dies makes it seem interesting to me. And of course, you don't actually need to buy the faction books unless you want to. All the stats are on the unit cards. Cheap ftw.

      Delete
    2. I think it was the mechanics. Seemed a bit clunky for me and bits I didn't see the need for.

      Delete