Friday 27 July 2012

6th edition game

So...

Transports.  the ones that were a problem (rhinos/razorbacks/chimeras) are still ok.  You still have your box to hide in.  And whilst the vehicle can't go cruising and get out, the guys inside can still get out 6".  Fast transports, aren't actually functionally faster than a normal transport.  A bit pointless.

Hull points, did not affect me.  Sure I was auto destroyed by Mephiston and his str 10 power, he was still one shotting them with his penetratings anyway.  Not as bad as I thought.  My Valkyrie for example, only suffered one pen and a glancing.  Normally this would of resulted in  prob being immobilised, or losing weapons.  But it went on.  nothing else recieved glancings.  I guess because I didn't have my usual selection of easuily stopped av 12.

Challenges, I got to to tie up Mephiston for 4 player turns,  hah.  Any lesser character would of had a real problem with my feel no pain.   But then again, no character should go into combat on his own, as he could not refuse.  They are not too bad, flavorfull...but totally not neccasary.

Sniper rifles are still pointless, although I did kill the power fist in the death company.

Missions are great.  random terrain. meh.  pages and pages of terrain.meh.. Speaking of which


The rulebook is still a mess.  No special rule is in it's right place, and putting them all in one section did not help, as there are still a gazillion pages to flick through.  Why the hell do I have flick back and forth between 30 pages to see what independent characters can do.  And there is still too much uneccasary bumph.

Wound allocation is fine  And much faster in my opinion.  Although not versus vehicle squadrons it seems.  Rolled my saves, grabbed that many models, who were all at the front so just scooped them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment