Friday 3 August 2012

Roleplay

Nothing to do with miniatures, but it is gaming.
So, Colin Brett is recruiting for his 40k roleplay. Dark heresy or rogue trader. And he seems to want me.

No idea why.  Whilst I have a great interest in the setting, I am failure as rpg player.  I can barely communicate for myself, let alone any imaginary character.  Tried 3-4 times before.  one was just terrible when I was at school, one was at college when I was throroughly miserable anyway and can barely remember it.  Tried a session of rogue trader before, was throroughly useless, and a warhammer fantasy roleplay, which I was again probably useless and was extremely uncomforable with.

So I now have no interest in roleplay at all.  I can imagine events, and settings, but can I imagine what a person would do in any situation?  Nah.

2 comments:

  1. I've never Roleplayed before either, but I'm gonna give it a try, even though I'm not sure how I'll fair with it. I have Aspergers Syndrome so my social skills are somewhat lacking at times, which could be a problem whilst roleplaying.

    On the other hand, I've been wanting to try Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy for a while now and anything's worth trying once.

    As for your worries, I think the time spent establishing and balancing the campaign so all the characters feel useful and fulfilled makes or breaks peoples experiences in roleplaying. I'd say give it another try, it might surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it depends on the system, the setting and the games master. RPGs are actually a really good way of boosting self confidence. You just have to be prepared to give yourself the chance.

    ReplyDelete