Friday 24 August 2012

I won!!

I did make an adjustment to my list.  Took a demolisher instead of an executioner, and dropped the sniper rifles, taking 2 plama guns instead.

And turned out I got a choice of Grey Knights or Space Wolves.  I went for the grey knights.  And we were playing the relic.  From memory I was facing  Draigo, 6 paladins.  I think they had 1+ psycannon,  a terminator squad with thawn.  5 Interceptors with incinerator.  Purgation squad with psycannons and dreadknight with gatling gun and psycannon.

Some things that went well.


Good fortune 1....seized the initative!!  Always nice to get a round of shooting before people start eating you.
Good fortune 2...draigo died volley one.  Leman Russ demolisher put 14 ap2 hits on Draigos Paladin squad.  Draigo took 7 demolisher rounds on his storm shield, but was felled (First Blood+Slay the Warlord)
Good fortune 3..  Only 4 terminators from the 2 squads survived.

After that it generally was a case of whoever could do so marched toward the relic sitting on top of a skyshield landing pad.

2 more volleys of demolisher fire saw the end of the paladins, and only  terminator and Justicar Thawn were still alive from the terminator squad.  I had a infantry squad up there, and turn three saw my valkyrie arrive, and my melta veterans dropped of turn 4.  At this point justicar Thawn had the relic.  But he had a demo charge and melta guns thrown at him, killing the terminator and thawn.  Unfortuantly I could not get the objective to pick it up.  (difficult terrain and bad run rolls)
Marbo showed up and killed an interceptor squad. also worth noting the calidus showed up and made a mess of bastonnes squad (just him and a shotgun left)  They fled but rallied next turn, the result being they were back exactly where they were.
Justicar thawn stood back up and picked up the objective.

And then died

And then got back up and picked up the relic.

And then died.

Thankfully turn 6 he did not stand up, and I finally had a free turn to claim the objective.  Bastonnes veteran squad picked it up, and next turn ate psycannon fire.
 At this point was very little to shoot, so just made a bee line with all my units towards the otherside of the board for linebreaker.  And I was able to kill of the nuisance purgation squad.

Turn 7 again I picked up the objective with my Platoon command squad.  Thawn stood back up, killed the guy with the relic, and then punched the rst of the squad in the face.  He then got a power fist reply. 
 
No one had the objective, but I had all three secondaries for a win.

Star unit?  Leman Russ Demolisher.  It made well over it's points back, killing a great many paladins and terminators.
Most usless unit?  Possibly hellhound.  Had I known I would be against marines wouldn't of took it.  But also the chimeras killed a grand total of nothing.  But they are pretty rapid in 6th, being able to go 18" a turn. helps a great deal for linebreaker.
I was also against a very elite army that did not have anywhere near the numbers to deal with the number of threats I had, plus the opening volley was devastating to them.  Losing almost half the terminators.

No comments:

Post a Comment