Monday 27 August 2012

And the aftermath

Was a fairly solid victory for the guard.  12vp to 4vp.
Was playing The Scouring which is the 6 objectives of varying values.  By chance I had 8 of the 15 vp's in or near my deployment zone.

Marines went first, doing little due to range.  My first turn I took a couple of hull points of a rhino.  I did have a pinned infantry unit from sniper fire though.

Second turn again very innefectual shooting by themarines.  And the plane did not show up.  My second turn marbo showed up, his demo charge scattered, took two marines out and their rhino was wrecked.  Kasrkins deepstruck behind the predator and reduced it to slag, losing a melta gun in the explosion.  An incredible round of shooting from the lascannon team took three hull points from the land raider.  And I wrecked the other rhino

Turn three Marbo suffered the full wrath of the 8 marine survivors who blazed away in venegance for their fallen comrades.  He did not survive.  Lost another Kasrkin to the scouts. And the stormtalon arrived.  The Quad gun blazed away to no effect.  The stormtalon open fired on the squad manning the quad gun, felling the autocannon team and another trooper.  The Lascannon team was incinerated by the land raider redeemer cannons.  For my part I killed the scouts and generally panicked at the land raider near my lines.  To which I could do little.  Also it turns out you can throw grenades at flyers, so my brave trooper made a mighty throw and actually hit the Stormtalon, but did nothing to it.

Turn four the stormtalon flew off the board.  Land raider toasted a few guys, but the terminators did not disembark.  Very little else left to do anything.  My turn was also quiet..  One of my infantry squads made to claim another objective.  I killed the plasma gun and the heavy bolter guy from the marines in the backfield. My command quad hid, ready to ambush the tactical marines advancing on them.

Turn five saw the return of the stormtalon, which was blasted out the sky by 2 glancing, and 2 penetratings from the quad gun.  Finally wrecked the land raider with a leman russ lascannon.  The terminators were out and I had little left to shoot at them :(

Turn 6 the terminators made mincemeat of an infantry squad.  I managed to kill three of them with shooting, consolidated towards the mid field objective, and killed the final tactical squad in my deployment zone.

Turn 7 the terminators made towards my deployment zone.

Final score -
Imperial Guard =  Objectives - 4,1,3,2 First blood and Linebreaker = 12
Space Marines = Objectives- 3 and  Linebreaker = 4

Observations,  Aegis lines are ridiculous good value.  Since vehicles only need 25% cover, pretty much anything can get a cover save behind it, 4+ cover as well.  And the skyfire gun can (and did) wipe out a flyer in a single salvo.
Placing objectives after choosing deployment zones is silly.  Sure I was lucky with what objectives I had, but my gunline didn't even have to move from behind the Aegis line.  A perfect set up.


I don't like to critisize, but I fell Colin could of been a bit more aggresive with the Land Raider.  A drive right towards my lines (I had no melta there and had horrendous difficulty getting rid of it as it was)  would of probably wiped me out, but there ya go.

Colin also has a pretty amazing setup at his gaff.  It's a pleasure to play there , and he's a fine opponent I wish I had remembered my camera.

1 comment:

  1. The problem I had (other than not getting the flat out thing right) was that I wasn't really sure where I needed it against you. Primary thought in the end turned out to be target the heavy weapon teams but by the time I got there it was kinda pointless. In hindsight I should have just charged towards the aegis lines and battered my way through.

    I agree that objective placing should be before seeing deployment. I think thats how I've done it in all 6th ed games by mistake. makes more sense.

    Fingers crossed I can get my extra terrain bits soon and it'll be even better. Plus I have light! We can see what we're doing! :-)

    ReplyDelete