Friday 5 October 2012

Gaming Ettiquette.

Well some of it.

One thing I've noticed is who rolls wounds inflicted on your own side.

My perosnal view is if something of mine does something, I roll wounds.

For example, in Fantasy if my mage blows himself up with half his unit, I roll to wound the unit.  or if my doomwheel tries to fry itself, I roll them aswell.  or if in 40k if I manage to scatter blasts to my unit, I roll them as again it's my unit doing it.


If a 40k vehicle blows up, whoever blew it up rolls.  So if like 2 of my units, and 1 of my enemies is in range of my tank exploding from enemy shooting, that enemy rolls to wound them all.

Some seem to think that they should roll wounds for anything that is killing the other team, which seems kind of odd to me.

but as ever i'm far too timid to say anything.  Maybe it is just me.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think you (general you) should roll to wound your own models. That is for your opponent to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why?

      I can see the argument, but why should people be rolling dice for my attacks?

      Delete
    2. Because you would be rolling to wound your own models. Now while I don't think anyone would do, there is always the chance that someone would try to affect the roll so their unit survives.

      Delete
    3. Also, otherwise there would be the argument that you roll to shoot my guys but I roll to see if you wound them. Doesn't happen for the obvious reason so it shouldn't work because of misfires or scattering.

      Delete
    4. Well no. thats not what i'm saying, I'm saying I should roll for everything for what my guys DO, not whats done to them.
      Theres no argument for doing when someone else shoots you since thats already covered for the obvious reason.

      And how is it different to charateristic tests/dangerous terrain. They only one step away from rolling to wound, and yet no one has their opponent do them.

      And the first case is a silly argument, is blatant cheating and anyone stooping to that level is prob doing something much worse somewhere else. Arguing that is like saying the opponent should roll all my dice for everything in case I find a way of influencing the batle.

      Delete