Friday 12 October 2012

Vs Ogres

Rather dull match.

Anyway he had
Butcher, level 2
8 Ogres, I think ironguts
2 mournfang
Giant
5 Sabretusks

I took my usual, Grey seer, doomrocket, bsb, 80 slaves, 24 clanrats, 5 jezzails, 6 gutter runners Doomrocket

Was battle for the pass and rhere we go

Turn one, I skitterleap my engineer to the Ogre flank intending to put a nice big template in the middle of the ogre unit.  It over shoots ("4" 6's for range!!) and hits the sabretucks, who panic never to return.  Also fired my slings at the ogres, doing a wound.  Doomwheel suffled forward, and failed to restrain shooting, misfired though, taking a single str 6 hit.
Ogres turned to face the gutter runners.  A little shuffling and not much else happened.

I charged the ogres (mistake)  lost badly.  Grey Seer skitterleaped himself over to the rear of the ironguts, loosing a wound to miscast.  Taking the general away from the slaves, bad idea.  He failed to cast any damage spells on the ogres.  Ogre turn was the ironguts reforming and more shuffling.  Giant made towards my Grey Seer.

Grey Seer skitterleaped himself back to safety.  Doomwheel again misfired, and zoomed across the front of my battleline.  Mournfangs amde a cautious advance on my flank

Turn 4 stuff started happening.  Doomwheel shuffled the correct way, and misfired again.  But it gained a d6" of extra movement for the rest of the battle.  One of my slaves reformed to meet the mournfangs, could not sadly get out of their charge arc.  In the ogre turn the slaves were charged by the mournfangs, loosing many but the slaves held.

Turn 5 I moved to try and block the giant from reaching my clanrats.  More dead slaves, but they held.  Doomwheel finally did something, launching 3 str 10 bolts at the ironguts, killing two.  Giant charged the unengaged slave unit.

Turn 6 seeing as it was last turn, my clanrats charged into the mournfangs.  Attempted to skitterleap my general put of it, but it was scrolled.  He lost another wound in combat, but survived overall (phew)  I managed to win the combat by 1, the mournfangs fled.  In the ohre turn, giant beat the slaves, but due the my pursuit of the mournfangs, my general was out of range.  They fled -  exploding, but the giant survived.  And with that the game was over.

I lost 108 points of Gutter Runners, 45 point engineer and an 82 point slave unit.
This is guestimation of points, but I killed the mournfangs (130 points) and the Sabretusks (105 points) also had the mournfang standard (25 points)

So 245 to 270, a draw.

The start of the battle was basically the two armies staring at each other.  Either of us could of been much braver.  Had I kept my gutter runners back, would of prob won, but alas.  They would been an effective flanking unit for anyone who threatened me, such as the mournfangs or the giant..  Foolishly I went for the ironguts though, which was where the points were. I did however keep i'd guess 400 points of ogres out the battle.  Shame I did not ever beat the Giant in combat, but thunderstomp hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment