Saturday 29 March 2014

Netrunner

Played in a Store Championship today. Well sort of, there was only 4 players. So I got a playmat by default.

Now one problem I can see with competitive Netrunner is much the lack of variety, although with a such a small sample it's not that indicative of the state of Netrunner, it's still frighteningly similar to the top of any event.
 Heres what everyone was playing
                Corp                                           Runner
Michael - Weyland, Tag and Bag                 Andromeda
Jay -         NBN, Fast Advance                   Andromeda
Becky -    NBN, Tag and Bag                     Andromeda
Me -        HB, lots of ICE                            Noise 

Yep, everyone plays Criminal.  Not just any Criminal, Andromeda who just offers the most consistency with her massive starting hand giving you want you need.

And on the corp side, Fast Advance or the ever present tag and bag.

Anyway long story short, I lost all my matches.  Came close 4 or 5 games, and won once as runner.  My Decks were not super competitive. My runner deck fell flat more that once.  And my very last game I mulligan-ed a hand with no ICE for a second Hand of no ICE.  Went downhill from there.

Meh, should of played Star Wars.  They had 6 players.

No comments:

Post a Comment