Sunday 9 March 2014

Star Wars the Card Game

Can't remember if I wrote about this yet. but Star Wars the card game.

Now when this came out I was unimpressed.  The Core set felt clunky, and I thoroughly disliked the Edge Battles.

Fast forward a few months.  Team Covenant (http://teamcovenant.com/) love this game, and I tend to love that they love.  Heard about those guys back in the Monsterpocalypse days (another miniatures game I adore.) They keep putting videos about the games they support, which are currently The Spoils, Game of Thrones, X-Wing, Netrunner and the Star Wars LCG.  And I keep watching these Videos, and Star Wars just seemed more and more interesting the more I watched.
I don't think it's a good as Netrunner, but it's still pretty good.  And it's Star Wars which means it a 100 times easier to get people to play it.  And the theme carries across quite well.  Coupled with a really quite innovative deck building system. So picked up some cards from ebay, a full play set of almost everything to date for 150, not bad.
 
Was hoping to play a couple of games today.  As it was there was three of us, so we played the challenge decks.  Did both of them, me at the helm of both of them and I somewhat crushed my opponents. (they are massively overpowered, but to be fair I think thats fine, they should be a challenge or there is no point).  After that, Darren got bored (as he does if it's not Magic) and Fish was as ever summoned by the other half, so never got a proper game.

Somewhat despairing of a getting a proper game of anything in this crappy town.

1 comment:

  1. If i get down next week, i will give you a few games :) i want to practice more anyway :)

    ReplyDelete