Sunday 5 April 2015

Conquest Spring Event - Gamerz Nexus, Rayleigh

So Saturday Gamerz Nexus had their spring event for Conquest and Star Wars LCG.  Deciding that a day of two games I really like vs one evening of a game I am middling on nowadays (X-wing) I took the long train journey down there.
Was only 4 for Star Wars.  So we did round robin.  I did ok.  Lost first match.  Split second (dark side wins both) and won third.  lessons to be learnt.  I'm not very good at star wars. Probably has something to do with only played maybe 10 games this year?  Once again, St Neots is utter shit for gaming (unless you are a Magic drone)

But anyway Conquest I have much more experience with.  There were 8 attendees for this one.

I took Cato Sicarius.  I do love Cato in this game.  Space Marines just have everything in a neat and tidy box of win.

Cato Cato Sicarius
Sicarius's Chosen x4
Tactical Squad Cardinis x3
10th Company Scout x2
Blood Angel Veterans x3
Honored Librarian x3
White Scars Bikers x3
Veteran Brother Maxos x2
Eager Recruit x3
Land Raider x2
Vash'ya Trailblazer x3
Rogue Trader x2
Void Pirate x2

Cato's Stronghold x1
Holy Sepulchre x2

The Fury of Sicarius x2
Drop Pod Assault x3
Indominatable x3
Exterminatus x1
Crushing Blow x2

Tallassarian Tempest Blade x1
Iron Halo x 2
Godwyn Pattern Bolter x1

Game 1 was VS Gary and Colonel Stracken.
Gary I think was relatively inexperienced.  I somewhat dominated.  I was able to just flood the board with dudes, and keep his board very very clear.  I don't think I ever sent my warlord to planet one, except turn 4.  Game was over by turn 4 as that was the earliest the planets aligned.  Win here.  Gary is pretty good at all the other games I've played against him, hope he sticks with this one.  Win

Game 2 was vs Barry and Captain Cato
So a Mirror Match.  Planet flop saw all 3 with Red Icons, so was going to be short.  I had initiative, so just fought where I had that.   Good job I won on planet 5 though, I was running out of cards and command presence going on onward.  Think I saw all 3 drop pod assaults, and they netted me the likes of white scars bikers and honored librarians every time. One fun event was me using the chosen on earth caste technician. Moving them to a planet with a technician already.  He saved the tech with shields, I sent my warlord there and got two essentially free resources for my efforts.

Game 3 was vs Zarathur (I didn't get the guys name, sorry)
This hurt, a lot.  As the way of with Zaruthur.  The long and short of it, went for Red as 4 of the 5 were Red icons.  The very last fight was humorous.  Lots of stuff turned up.  A Gleeful Plague Beast and a Warpstorm made sure it wasn't there anymore.  So then it came down to Cato (1 hp left) vs Zarathur (1 hp left) a Gleeful Plague Beast (2 hp left) and a Flesh Hound (2 hp left).  Drop Pod netted me an Honored Librarian.  He had no more burn so I won the planet on initiative. Cato Bloodied Zarathur, The Flesh Hounds bloodied Cato, Honored librarian killed the Plague beast and next round I struck first for the win on planets.

So loot for me.

Playmat (now with GW disclaimer text!!  FU GW) Cybork Body deck box,
Coliseum Fighters Promo and Eldorath Starbane Promo.  Note the bloodied side of Eldorath is the photo.  Thats the side everyone likes to see in game right?



No comments:

Post a Comment