Sunday 5 April 2015

40k Conquest Store Championship Wargames Workshop MK 22/03

I played Packmaster Kith, because I am a scumbag.  But seriously, they are so very good right now.

Kith
Kith's Khymera Masters x4
Sslyth Mercenary x3
Incubus Warrior x3
Murder of Razorwings x3
Syren Zythlex x2
Warlock Destructor x3
Klaivex Warleader x3
Baleful Mandrake x3
Rogue Trader x3
Void Pirate x3
Khymera Den x1
Twisted Laboratory x2
Archon's Palace x2
Pact of the Haemonculi x2
Raid x3
Archon's Terror x3
Doom x 1
Foretell x2
Suffering x3
Agonizer of Bren x1

I forgot to write down names, apologies to all involved.

Game 1 was vs Zaruthar
Spent a lot of this running from Burna Boyz.  6+2 damage is just too much, and they had ranged.  But was able to get win the planets I needed to so as not to lose and then went on to win eventually. 


Game 2 was vs Eldar.
I had an amazing opening hand.  Rogue trader, Void Pirate, Kith's Kymera masters, Incubus Warrior, Klaivex Warleader.  That turn one netted me a command win on 3 planets, and won the first planet.  He had gone fairly all in in on the first planet.  He had a Black Guardians and I believe a warp spider.  and his warlord, I had 2 kymeras, my warlord and Kymera masters I had the initiative, hit the Black Guardian with a Khymera, Klaivex'd it, and proceeded to mop up the planet.  This cost my opponent dearly and was on the back foot the rest of the game tbh.  My opponent had some really bad draws I think.  Was sitting on something like 14 resources at some point.

Game 3 was vs Ku'Gath
This was quite close
Was very close, a critical mistake last turn won me it.  If I won the planet (it was 4th or 5th turn) I won the game, he didn't seem to realise it and spread his deployment out to future turns.  As it happens, if I didn't win this planet I was somewhat doomed so was a maybe tactical play.  I had nothing in hand.  The battle was hard fought.  Gleeful plague beast and warpstorm really really hurt my forces.  All I had was my warlord left, but a Klaivex killed his Plague Beast and the remaining bad dok just couldn't win it.

So I won, got my plaque and Regional Bye.  Don't quite know which regional I will be going to.  but for the time being I can chill out, make some more fun decks.

2 comments: