Monday 14 January 2013

It's a netrunner post

So last thursday i played a few games of netrunner vs the only the other person locally (or so it seems) who is also playing Netrunner at the moment.

I was rather successful.  and these are the decks I used, if only for my own reference.

My runner deck was an anarch deck, using Noise.
Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder
Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)
Total Cards: (45)
Event: (10)
Deja Vu (Core) x2
Demolition Run (Core) x2
Easy Mark (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Hardware: (4)
Cyberfeeder (Core) x3
Grimoire (Core) x1
Program: (20)
Corroder (Core) x2
Datasucker (Core) x2
Djinn (Core) x2
Imp (What Lies Ahead) x3
Medium (Core) x2
Mimic (Core) x2
Parasite (Core) x3
Wyrm (Core) x1
Yog.0 (Core) x2
Crypsis (Core) x1
Resource: (11)
Ice Carver (Core) x1
Wyldside (Core) x2
Bank Job (Core) x2
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x1
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Sacrificial Construct (Core) x2
Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 59
Criminal: 7
Shaper: 4

Strategy is just to dump viruses down and really go for the corps R&D.  With medium out and a few counters on it, demolition run can really make a dent in R&D as you trash 5-6 cards, even those that can't normally be trashed.  Plus the obvious Agenda grabbing.  Noises ability will see quite a few cards go into archives so can grab some agendas in there when it gets full enough.  Although the corp can remove all the counters by giving up a turn.  You've delayed them, and can build it back up again.
 Most influence was spent on getting cash to pay for it all.  And so so all breakers are the anarch ones which are generally not so great (corroder aside) as they cannot boost their strength.  But you have datasucker and parasite to help out.  Parasite being extra awesome as it can trash ICE.
Wyldside is fantastic card, and aesops can get rid of it when don't need to draw cards anymore.
Also included sacrifical constructs as losing Djinn hurts so much.

I really liked the deck.  Although I'm not a fan of milling as a strategy,  Noise's ability is minor, and the demo run is only really destructive if you let him into R&D.  I could probably drop the easy marks.  And maybe take some stimhacks for the late game instead.  With the saved influence maybe replace some better icebreakers.  I didn't spend all my influence anyway.  or maybe some crash spaces to help out with tags and scorched earth.

I think the major factor in the decks success was the unfamiliarty with the game at the moment being relatively new.  If you let it do it's thing, you are in trouble.

3 comments:

  1. I'm certain Chris is interested in playing Netrunner so it shouldn't be just you and Daz.

    I know the pain though. There used to be several Call of Cthulhu players and now it is just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could of liked CoC, I even bought it. But overall it made no sense to me. Couldn't see any strategy in the core set and my attempt to build decks failed. So I got rid. And the seperation of everything into factions was...odd. Unless I'm seriously misunderstanding the mythos. But I guess it was needed to make the game work.

      I did like the story struggle resolution mechanic thing though, was very thematic. And the artwork is nice.
      And the little cthulu domain markers.

      Delete
    2. I think that a human/investigators faction and seperate Mythos faction would have been the better way to do it. But I suppose that the way CCGs work now is by colour or faction.

      Delete