Sunday 6 January 2013

Netrunner

Played a game of netrunner today.

Sort of remembered some things.  Been following it since FFG announced it.  Wanted to pick it up for a while.  One of the things I was most looking forward to.  and do desperately want to get hold of a copy.  Was going to pick it up for myself for Christmas, but with things being as they are, I have priorities to sort out.

I never constructed decks in the original.  You just picked up a starter and played that.  They had a decent spread of ice and icebreakers, and enough agendas to win.  So they were perfectly playable if not ideal.  not that i would know, me and a school friend had a starter each and of we went for about one game.

So anyway it was Darrens set.  I've not looked into the actual cards.  And I'm not sure how tweaked Darrens decks were.  being an lcg, the core set tends to offer 'start' decks being just all the cards of one faction, plus the neutrals giving you a deck.

I'll be so glad when I get a copy of it.  love it.  it's cyber punk and great.

and of course it's a fun, so Colin doesn't like it :p

3 comments:

  1. Just not my cup o tea. To be fair when Darren and Chris were talking about getting it I wasn't sure I wanted to. I played the original but I don't recall enjoying it then either. I also play too many things to affford a new LCG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in giving it a go at some point :)

    ReplyDelete